|The gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam...|
Leave a Comment
Pennsic 35, the good, the bad
2006-08-24 - 4:03 p.m.
Pennsic was lots of fun, with only a few minor grumpy days. Excellent two weeks of vacation, fabulous company, great Vair and Ermine camp this year. You can see the few pictures I did take in this Flickr Set.
There is no way I could do an entire summary, but some of the high points were:
- smaller, but still present Garibaldi Morgenstern Memorial Herb Garden
- relaxing time in camp working on projects, painting and sewing.
- excellent first week company of Kathall and Ariana
- nigh perfect weather
- meeting and hanging with the Aussies under the trees with a nice breeze blowing.
- surprisingly smoothly run tournaments this year, color me shocked and amazed.
- fabulous Gardiner's Company presence, excellent camp mates
- chocolate milk
- wonderful Elizabethan period night that lasted for many hours, John Knox impersonation had us all in stitches.
- Beginning Tapestry Weaving class, and laying eyes on the new Egyptian costume book out of England
- bad peers in the front of court creating quite a peanut gallery and illiciting many a hairy-eyeball from those around us. I blame Giacomo.
- Giacomo finally coming back to Pennsic. Love and miss Jimmy, and it was excellent (ly entertaining) to have him in camp!
- a few Lost Cause performances that didn't completely suck, although we missed Lisette desperately. sold 17? CDs
The bad things were missing Theo's amazing company, and sounding like Kathleen Turner/Lauren Bacall/a frog the entire second week and still due to an assualt of dust, wood smoke, nasty smoke from tikki torches and other black smoking pots in camps, and nasty moldy hay bales. One of these days I'll find the key to not getting sick at the end of Pennsic requiring antibiotics. I didn't go to the bog once, nor did I drink any Cooper-water, I washed my hands religiously and took my Emergen-C everyday. I don't know what more I could do. sigh...
Pennsic was a blast, and now there are still piles to put away, drying canvas to fold and general clean-up to do, not to mention garb for Coronation. I think I could use another week of vacation.
<< - >>
|SCA Diary Ring|