|The gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam...|
Leave a Comment
KA&SFest shows and truck woes
2004-03-10 - 3:53 p.m.
I regret to inform you all that Miss Scarlett is unwell. She is taking a respite at the shop to fix her timing belt and track and oil pan and valve and no doubt something else. The tune is expensive. She's glad I love her. The customer service rep mentioned just replacing her instead but it's not that serious. The good news is that she'll be running perfectly fine for the long trip to Gulf Wars. Having a timing belt go out during the 3000 mile trip would be less than ideal.
In the meantime I have a rental Taurus. I view it as a temporary exile.
Tonight is a lovely dinner at the Thornbury Estate so that Maestra Giuliana and I can go through the Gulf Wars gift bags that I promised I'd transport and deliver. Really, it's a great excuse to make Kevin cook for me. Yum...
I'm signed up for the Coronation Feast of Giants, aren't you?
KA&SFest Bests and Worsts:
- staying up late each night the week before working on entry
- wet hem, significantly wet hem since I poorly decided to wear long drapey skirts. foolish mortal I am oftimes.
- Super 8, not a dive, but not great either, but No Partying sign was amusing.
- Butterflies in stomach as end of court neared and showtime approached. I'm terrible at memorization, and poetry.
- tired and unfocused most of day
- Good friends and great times, duh!
- Deciding at midnight on Sat morning that if I didn't finish I'd just not enter and it'd be okay, thus giving me second wind to finish by 2am.
- Seeing Maestra Giuliana surprised, humbled and glowing at different times throughout the day. A very fitting addition to Atlantia's Peers
- The cool active displays: wood, weaving, embroidery, etc. The static displays: scrolls, Gudrun's nalbinding, knitting, Christian's translation, all the other Pent entries.
- Fingerloop braiding the period way, aka have helper to tap down the cord after each exchange to make it more uniform. Thanks to Christian and Kevin for being my unwilling partners.
- Getting to hang out with my Bera some, if not enough
- Rosine's little knit pouches, with fluer de lys none the less!!!
- Tying for first with Kate to win the Persona Pentathlon. I fear my judges were a bit too kind to me and my stuff, surely, but you won't hear any complaints outta me, I love da' loot. w00t! For those who care, you can view my entries and documentation here. Just missing pics of the apron dress.
- Court going well for all, many cool awards given, Golden Dolphins well deserved, cool new coral branches, and few lovely new Pearls, sorry Damon.
- Thjora's Pelican ceremony going smoothly and well. This has such a possibility to go awry, but the poets were awesome (Gyrth and Ceridwen), the boon about brought tears to my eyes, the speakers were funny and well heard, the scroll was beautious, the cloak was well done and warmly received (perhaps too warm with the stage lights), and all was well and it was a good surprise. YAY, done... whew
- Feast found us with lovely dinner conversation and the presence of the wonderful Lady Cicilia and the Mad Monkey Kynny, the food t'weren't bad neither, and our server was the coolest, Halima.
- Retiring to Bob and Laura's hotel room for a non-party and required sleep of the dead.
Preparing for Gulf Wars...
<< - >>
|SCA Diary Ring|